Reorganizing Internet Security Records

Home Forums KeČaTa Community KeČaTa Internet Security Records Reorganizing Internet Security Records

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Keith Taylor
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1004.51

My latest plan for Internet Security Records, is to maintain them exclusively in KeĈaTa Community. The records are used to improve security for this network. If this raises wider questions of security, beyond servicing this network, then we move the discussion to Shrewdies Learning (presumably the Internet Learning Forum). If our discussions move towards recommendations for secure service providers, then we can research candidates at Retayler or Fernis.

Collecting individual IP records is working well in this forum. Therefore, it should continue. However, we may need to introduce more forums for English Speaking Countries that are not officially recognized. The list of Countries by Languages at nationsonline.org seems a good way to organize.

Once suppliers become recognized, we should create permanent lists here, instead of Retayler. Like the forums, this should be Country pages for English Speaking Countries. Then, Language pages for other countries.

A supplier can be recognized by AS (Autonomous System) number, or by name. They will get a review page, within the Country/Language hierarchy. This will include CloudFlare status. Once the AS page is created, IP address access records will be listed on that page, instead of this forum. Forum records should be consolidated to a link to the new AS page. I might trial this with blog entries, as I’m unsure what to file the pages under. Internet Security is not the best description. Maybe I should use Internet Services, or ISP, as I started doing at Retayler.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 48.15

Current candidates, excluding those that need to be transferred back from Retayler, are:
    – btnet uk regional network + as2865 – Consider Whitelisting AS2856 BT-UK-AS BTnet UK Regional network.

– talktalk (aka talk talk) communications limited + as43234 – Questionable ISP AS43234 TalkTalk Communications Limited.

– as21928 – Consider Whitelisting AS21928 T-Mobile USA, Inc..

– verizon wireless community – Consider Whitelisting AS22394 Cellco Partnership DBA Verizon Wireless.

– centurytel internet – IP Access Records for AS22561 CenturyTel Internet Holdings, Inc.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 48.15

These are candidates from search queries. But volumes are currently too low to justify creating posts and pages. And, more importantly, we have a huge backlog of IP addresses to process.

I think it’s better to focus on processing records into this forum for now. Then, for busy ISPs, we can develop a summary style that reflects number of good, unverified, and bad access records.

Also, prior to starting post/page reviews, we should transfer all IP access records from Shrewdies and Retayler.

Keith Taylor
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1004.51

OK, now it’s time to be more radical.

I started this about Security. But, it’s better to view this as ISP Safety. Gathering all the IP address data, ‘Safety’ is a good catchall term for issues with spammers, sploggers, crawlers, hackers, and good ISP users. Sometime, we should include ISPs that host essential services.

I’m tempted to rename this topic from Security to Safety. But, I won’t. Instead, we must rename this forum. Internet Security Records should become Internet Safety Forum.

When that is done, I will start draft documentation here. Which will end the security leg of Network Management Log for KeCaTa.com.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You should Connect to KeČaTa to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favorite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.

Safe Managed WordPress