Move IP and AS network security records here

Home Forums KeČaTa Community Keith’s Internet Support Services Tasks Move IP and AS network security records here

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Charlie Taylor 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 58.13

Background: We currently track good and bad IP addresses in 2 blog posts at Learning For Shrewdies. That was the logical place to develop routines for actions that affect the whole Internet. Now that procedures are more organized, we see that the list creates actions that have to be performed here. Therefore, this is the logical place to process IP address records prior to creating an AS record in the resource database.

Proposed action: Start recording IP address access records in this forum. Once established, move all existing records from Shrewdies to here.

Details: I suggest the procedure is:

1. Identify good or bad IP Address from current sources.
    2. Lookup AS details.
    3. Search for existing AS Internet security record. This requires a search engine combining this forum with the Internet Services database.
    4. For new AS organizations, create a topic here with details of the access. Title will be: Consider Restricting/Whitelisting ASnnn AS name.
    5. For existing AS organizations the IP address access details should be added to the task here, or the Internet Services database.

Before implementing this procedure, we need to consider categorization by country. There is already a suggestion that the current IP address lists are becoming unwieldy. We could create subforums here for each country. I suggest that the best approach is to start the process without country subforums. These can be added later if necessary. The emphasis should be on using this as a collection point. That makes task prioritization more effective. Hopefully, we can get IP addresses processed faster, especially for the top country group.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 49.00

I’ve added an Internet Service Providers search engine at https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=017720281656747853863:djkwc3d5qoe

I suggest we start using this now, then document completely after one or two weeks.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 49.00

Now that we’ve started, I can see early signs of clutter.

I definitely think it would be better to separate routine IP network security records from other tasks. I also think it would be very useful to split them by country, as most Internet users look for ISPs in a specific country.

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 58.13

OK, I’ve created KeĈaTa Internet Security Records. I will create Country forums, then move the relevant Internet Security tasks from here to the new forum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You should Connect to KeČaTa to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favorite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.

Safe Managed WordPress