[Resolved] Indexed To-Do Alerts: Topic Index Page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Charlie Taylor 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 61.20

The Popular Topics notes on your Forum Topic Index Page are marked as incomplete. You can either:

Please reply with how you want to deal with this, and then I can mark the topic as resolved.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 47.95

Those notes on the forum topic tag are related to the last item on the quality check: bbPress Topic Tags

We can’t do much with this until we have more traffic on the new forum. Client has asked (“pretty please”) if we can do a health check on the old forum, and add a page with topic-tags and post-tags. Then it might become clearer how we evolve tags for the new forum.

In any event, we won’t be in a position to review bbPress Topic Tags for some time. So, please change review date for this item to December 2016. If we manage to introduce post-tags before then, we can always clear it from the To-Do list earlier.

@kecata Please mark this resolved.
    It’s a pity I can’t resolve topics in my own forum. Maybe there’s a simple permissions setting that can be changed?

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 61.20

Done! I’ve also upgraded your privileges to Moderator. Now, you can mark topics as resolved, and also accept first posts. This has to be enabled throughout the website – it can’t be set on a forum-by-forum basis.

At first, I worried about the implications when we “go public” with website health check services. I think the best answer to that is to assign Mentors to members who want their websites checked. Then, mentors can liaise with their members about closing support topics and other issues. That’s essentially how we deal with paid clients, so I can’t see a problem.

In fact, it could be a virtue. We can hold-off accepting new service clients until there are enough mentors to look after them properly. I’d rather grow organically like that, instead of having hundreds of health checks relying totally on me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You should Connect to KeČaTa to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favorite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.

Keith Charlie Taylor's     Internet Community