[Support request] How can I plan website audience targets?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Charlie Taylor 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 47.95

I’ve looked at the form that you mentioned:

Please complete the Quality Target questions in the admin dashboard.

in Website health checks GoutPal.net.

I understand what you mean by the GSC Search Analytics Impression target. But, I don’t know how to set a target.

I’m busy helping the site owner move content from the old version of the forum. We do not know how long this will take. But, that is the priority. I.e. we need to focus on moving content now, before we can think about search results.

Is it really necessary to have audience and click through targets at this stage?

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 61.20

Short answer: No!

I didn’t think it through when I was moving this quality check service from ideas to reality. In the early stages of a website, it is wrong to think about audience targets and any form of website traffic improvement.

Those improvements will occur naturally, as a consequence of creating content. Concentrate on building that content.

In fact, until we have enough historic data, I can’t really advise you what a good target would be anyway. I’ve changed my procedure to report traffic indicators based on monthly comparisons. This is much more useful in the early months of a website. Monthly comparisons might well be more important than targets in later years as well.

Thanks for making me think. I’ll get on with your website health check very soon.

Please mark this topic resolved.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You should Connect to KeČaTa to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favorite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.

Keith Charlie Taylor's     Internet Community