Do Ŧallars work on all your forums?

Home Forums KeČaTa Community Do Ŧallars work on all your forums?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 48.15

I’m confused about how myCred Tollars work on WordPress Multisites.

I seem to be earning Tollars for visiting the Internet Support Forum, but nothing for posting in the bbPress forums.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Keith Taylor. Reason: Title changed to reflect current name of Ŧallars, not Ŧollars

Keith Taylor
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1004.51

Actually, Anna, I’m having some issues with myCred at the moment. It seems to have stopped working completely!

Please keep posting in the forums, and I will keep you updated.

Anna
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 48.15

Thanks, Keith, I’ll keep posting in your forums 🙂

Keith Taylor

Yes, you should get those Tollars mounting up!

I’ve found the problem. I was experimenting with myCred central banking, but linked it to an account with no funds! 😳

I’m not going to be applying for jobs in the Tollar Exchequer! 😉

Keith Charlie Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 57.68

Announcement

I’ve decided to change the name to Ŧallars. It’s supposed to be a play on Taylor and Dollars. So, Ŧallars seems more appropriate. The singular is Ŧallar. It can also be written as Tallar or Tallars.

You can copy and paste the symbol. The HTML entity is hex 166, dec 358. I’m going to try it now. Ŧ = Ŧ

Though I’ve mentioned dollars, Ŧallars have no monetary value. They are a measure of how much you are helping yourself by learning more. Or, you might see them as a measure of how much you are contributing to the community.

Still very early days.

Keith Taylor

It’s time to start planning how to increase the profile of Ŧallars. I can introduce some badges for this, based on my patronage investigations. But, we need more badges for common achievements. Regular, continuous posting might be good. But, I think that might be automated. Exceptional posting is the obvious target for badges. But, that only makes sense once I establish ordinary expectations.

Currently, I’m thinking about changing all the Ŧallar points to reflect a mixture of expected time, and expected value. Most important are: New Topic and New Reply.

If we base reasonable response on time, then it’s around 15 mins for each. Note, that does not include research time for replies. The system should recognise that some contributors will want to agree Ŧallars in advance for additional research. I can start introducing that idea later. Especially, in response to Helpdesk Tickets.

Eventually, the system may prompt reviews of earning rates, and charges. But, that can only work with a better starting point.

For no particular reason, I’m thinking of a rate that equates to something like 7 Ŧallars per hour. So, in a two hour session, I might expect to post around 7 Topics or Replies. That includes around 15 mins reading time.

For starters, I’m saying a reply is twice as valuable as a new topic. So, I’ll start from 1 Ŧallar for Replies. And, 0.50 Ŧallars for New Topics. So, asking questions is less rewarding at the outset. But, good questions attract reading points. Therefore, again as a starting suggestion, I’ll try 0.05 Ŧallars for reading. With, 0.10 Ŧallars for the topic author.

After a few weeks monitoring activity, I can introduce ranks. A standard contributor should gain around Ŧ14 a month. And, contributions should give around 6 months rewards. Therefore, the rate for membership should be around Ŧ0.54 per week. But, to reward early adopters, I’ll set this at Ŧ0.05 to start. Then, increase it by Ŧ0.05 each month, as new active members increase. The new member registration bonus must change in-line with the weekly fee. Being, for now, 50 weeks – i.e. Ŧ2.50.

That also gives a good starting point for charging Content as a Commodity (CaaC). For example:
    – New page = Ŧ30 assuming subject and images provided.
    – Subject research = Ŧ4
    – Finding image = Ŧ3
    – Making image = Ŧ15
    – Image description = Ŧ7 in first month of publication. Reducing by Ŧ1 per month to minimum of Ŧ1.

This makes it possible to introduce a charging scheme for website checks. Start with basic checks at Ŧ1 each. But, encourage packages of groups of checks per month/year. Details of this will emerge from doing it. But gradual aim is that current £50 per year gets used up in essential checks. Then, clients can contribute time or money to get extra Ŧallars for:
    – higher levels of security
    – better quality checks
    – CaaC

Keith Taylor

This discussion is replaced by Introducing Ŧallars Documentation. Please use that Topic for general discussion of Ŧallars.

If you have specific questions about Ŧallars, please start a new KeČaTa Community Topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You should Connect to KeČaTa to reply to this topic.

Simply click one of the buttons above to connect using your favorite network. Then, a box will appear here for you to post your reply.

Safe Managed WordPress